What is double chin surgery?
When it comes to ageing, the neck is one of the first areas to show signs of age, and fat tends to collect under the chin in some people. Their entire jaw and facial outline can cause additional fat and loose skin. Any of the following procedures used by a plastic surgeon to treat a double chin:
- Liposuction of the chin. Excess fat under the chin takes out with this surgery.
- Submentoplasty. This procedure linked chin liposuction with muscle tightening through a tiny slit under the chin.
- Rhytidectomy. A procedure that removes extra skin or tightens the skin muscles of the neck to give the face a more sculpted appearance.
A double chin decreased using any of the methods. If your skin isn't particularly elastic and has a loose appearance, you might not be a good candidate for liposuction or submentoplasty. In this instance, a doctor will advise plastic surgery for double chin.
How much does it cost to have double chin surgery?
The cost of double chin surgery on the surgical method used. Neck lifting is more operating and time reducing than liposuction. The following are the costs of plastic surgery for double chin:
- surgeon time
- Pay for the facility and staff
- Payment for medication and instruments
- Fees for anaesthesia
What is the procedure for a double chin?
A small tube called a cannula is put into the chin in more places during chin liposuction. Gentle suction is to remove small and selective amounts of fat from each spot. The result is a more even, smoother profile with less fat behind the chin.
Submentoplasty is a procedure that involves making small incisions under the chin and using neck liposuction. A neck lift involves incisions behind the ear and occasionally behind the chin, removal of extra skin, and the tightening of neck muscles.
Double chin surgery procedures
Some basic double chin liposuction procedures are
- Your surgeon will check your chin and neck and mark the places of the cannulas.
- The skin is washed with a disinfectant solution to avoid the risk of infection.
- If anaesthesia is needed, the surgeon will prescribe drugs or inject a local anaesthetic into the skin.
- The liposuction cannula will be next through a series of tiny incisions in the skin.
- They'll next insert a liposuction cannula and remove excess fat with a back-and-forth or fanning motion. To create a smooth, even facial appearance, pay special attention to fat removed from each location.
- Finally, if necessary, bandaging is performed. A customised chin strap needs to support the skin as it heals.
Switching up your food, adding exercise to your routine, and changing some of your everyday behaviours can all help you lose weight and slim down your face. Finding a board-certified plastic or cosmetic surgeon is an excellent place to start if you're interested in double chin surgery or other facial cosmetic procedures. After double chin surgery, strictly follow the advice of the doctor to avoid any complications.
Need To Know About Double Chin Surgery
What is double chin surgery?