Submental Liposuction (sometimes referred to as Neck Liposuction, Chin Liposuction, or "Chin Lipo") is a facial cosmetic treatment that helps to reduce the appearance of a "double chin" or fat beneath the chin/neck. It results in a neckline that is more sculpted and defined. Neck Liposuction may be the best option for people at or near their desired weight but still have persistent fat under their chin. The submental liposuction cost may range from $5,000 - $7,500.
Expected results after Chin Liposuction
- The skin on the chin and neck appears to be less saggy.
- More definition around the chin and neck
- An appearance that is more youthful and renewed
- Neckline folds appear to be less prominent.
- Males and females can equally benefit from jawline shaping with face liposuction.
Pricing for Submental Liposuction
The total cost for your Chin Liposuction surgery depends on several factors.
1. The submental liposuction cost ranges from $5,000 to $7,500.
2. Anesthesia The cost is determined by the length of the process.
3. Fees charged by hospitals and surgical facilities vary depending on the time taken of the treatment.
4. Pre-Surgical Medical Clearance and Lab Tests: Normally covered by medical insurance.
5. Post-Surgery Garments and Recovery Device: are included with doctor fees.
6. Medical insurance frequently covers the cost of medication.
Ideal candidates for Submental Liposuction
Liposuction of the Neck Candidates
- Due to extra fat cells around the neck, he has a "double chin. "
- Desire to produce a more youthful appearance by adding definition to the jawline.
- Reduce the look of wrinkles and get rid of fat cells for good.
- Patients with loose skin are better candidates for a facelift or neck lift if they have good skin elasticity.
- The person is at a correct weight but unable to lose weight beneath the chin despite dietary and exercise adjustments.
Submental Liposuction Techniques
The goal of a chin lipo is to remove the subcutaneous fat beneath the neckline. Here they remove the fat directly, so the neck and jaw area should be permanently smaller. Additionally, the microcannula liposuction procedure can be employed to allow for faster recovery and minimal scarring. Allowing for the passage of the liposuction cannula, the surgeon makes two small, well-hidden incisions beneath the ears. These incisions are frequently healed with just one stitch since they are so small. Under general anesthesia, the surgeons perform surgery.
Other non-surgical techniques include Kybella fat-melting, skin tightening through therapy, radiofrequency skin tightening, and cool sculpting for patients who want a less intense approach to treating submental fat. Those with minimal fat deposits beneath the chin/jaw area may be better candidates for non-surgical therapies that are less intrusive.
Preparation for Submental Liposuction Surgery
To obtain the best surgical result, you must follow preoperative and postoperative guidelines. Before surgery, all patients will need to have medical clearance and follow their diet and medication requirements.
- Doctors prescribe some medicines.
- Stool softener aids in the relief of constipation caused by narcotic pain medications.
- If the pain is not severe, Acetaminophen is a good option for narcotic pain relievers.
Is Submental Liposuction the best treatment to cure double chin?